- You want an educational setting that nurtures. You seek an environment where your child develops wisdom, knowledge, and skills – grasps concepts, rather than memorizes and mimics.
- You value an ideas-based curriculum, not just exercises in reciting, naming and labeling.
- You believe in a classroom where your child’s voice is as important as the teacher’s, and where all are invited to be reflective and learn out loud.
- You expect that at every level, your child AND her teachers have the tools and space necessary for cognitive, motor, social and emotional growth.
- You hope for an active and exploratory environment where “play” and “work” merge, and joy and achievement are partners.
The Kenworthy School is what you want!
The Kenworthy School curriculum specifies knowledge, competencies, and skills and does not prescribe any single methodology or method. And in particular, it is important not to confuse or equate the precision and specificity of the FrogStreet preschool curriculum with an approach that relies on rote learning, isolated drill, teacher done art activities, or coloring pages.
The Kenworthy School curriculum is centered around the FrogStreet program, a premium bilingual preschool curriculum created by preschool curriculum experts, Drs. Pam Schiller and Becky Bailey.
The curriculum is comprehensive, intentional, and sprialing for children infants through age 5. Early brain development research is the framework for instruction, with strong daily routines that develop key social and emotional skills. The curriculum balances intentional instruction with child-directed play in a manner that makes learning joyful and fun. Intrinsic in the curriculum framework is intentional valuing of individual difference. The daily and hourly program components are comprehensive, integrated, and theme based in ALL DOMAINS. Faculty and child interactions develop rich oral language and vocabulary and strong social emotional connections.
Parent engagement is supported with materials and strategies so that children’s school experiences and learnings are reinforced at home.
The Kenworthy School is intentional with curriculum resources that ignite an enduring love of learning while embracing the joy of childhood in a school family environment.